Passage: Luke 15:1-32
There is much we can learn from the father in Luke 15. He parented his sons with an open hand, with open arms, with an open heart. Let's look at him and learn from him on this Father's Day.
- What does tough love mean to you? Have you ever had tough love practiced with you as the recipient?
- Proverbs 26:6 states… to “train up a child in the way he should go, and when he’s old he will not depart from it” In your words, what is the meaning of this passage?
- How did the Father in Luke 15 show compassion to his wayward or prodigal son?
- His oldest son was filled with anger when he heard his younger brother was home and he saw his Father’s response to this wayward child. How did this Father keep perspective so he could be of benefit to both of his sons?
- What do you think is the meaning of the story of the prodigal son?