This is a pride moment. Pride is the first sin. I think I can make a case that pride is the root from which all other sins flow. Christian theologians throughout history of talked about it. C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity made the following statement about pride… The essential vice, the utmost evil, is Pride. Unchastity, anger, greed, drunkenness, and all that, are mere fleabites in comparison: it was through Pride that the devil became the devil: Pride leads to every other vice: it is the complete anti-God state of mind. -C.S. Lewis
- What is your definition of pride?
- Why is pride so deadly? How has pride affected you?
- How has pride distanced you from God?
- How has pride distanced you from others?
- How will you take action against prideful attitudes?