Passage: 1 Corinthians 6:9-20
In 1 Corinthians 6, Paul wants to demonstrate to the Corinthian Church that there is a spiritual dynamic to sex. Paul is going to argue, because our bodies and souls are one, sex is far from a meaningless physical activity. Sex has an extremely spiritual dimension to it.
- Do you believe sex matters? Is it just physical and has no bearing on your soul? Explain your answer.
- Some of the Christians in Corinth were saying “Hey, we’ve been freed from the law and now we can do whatever we want!” How would you respond biblically if someone said something like that to you?
- Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh. But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him." 1 Corinthians 6:16-17...What does it mean to be joined to a person?
- How are marriage, sex, and the gospel tied together? How does every part of marriage and sex illustrates the love and nature of God?
- Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So, glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20...What does this passage mean to you?