Passage: Luke 1:26-56
Do you feel tired, exhausted, burdened with a heavy load, stretched to your max, barely making it, and then one more thing happens. It’s the straw that breaks the camel.
- In this Christmas season, where is your heart weary?
- God sees you at your worst and still loves you. When we are weary, we wonder if God really is concerned about us. In your weariness, do you wonder if God cares about you? Explain your answer.
- We try to be responsible for someone else’s happiness. Or be there just in case they need it. We agree to do things we do not want to do and things that create unhealthy moments in ourselves. We wear ourselves out trying to live up to someone else’s expectations.How does all of that make you weary?
- Mary says we can have hope because God speaks to us. How does God speak to you in your weariness?
- When we trade yokes with Jesus our burdens get light. Then we turn from our burdens, and we turn our attention to God. He speaks to us. He encourages us. He refreshes us. Gives us just what we need. Rest for our souls. How is God giving you rest for your souls?