Passage: Acts 7:54-8:4
The more we studied the book of Acts, the more I have come to the conviction that Jesus’ plan for reaching the world is not gathering large groups of people to bask in the anointing of one prophetic teacher, but raising up ordinary people in the power of the Spirit and sending them out.
- Why are we so reluctant to share our faith? Why isn’t it as natural for us as breathing?
- Stephen told his world very unpopular truths. Are you willing to tell your world things from scripture that will make them uncomfortable or angry? Why or why not?
- The gospel spread when the church’s comfort zone was disturbed. What does it take to get you out of your comfort zone? What would it take for you to share the gospel with your “one”?
- Do you believe that God wants to use you and has gifted you with everything you need to be used? Why or why not?
- Let me ask: Have you wrestled with the obligations you and I owe to the gospel? Have you squarely faced the fact that 2.8 billion people in the world have little to no access to the gospel? People who are no more unworthy than us? People made in the image of God like us?