Passage: Romans 1:16-17
Why did Paul write the letter? He wanted this divided church to become unified. He wanted the Roman church to be a staging ground for even further gospel spread as far west as Spain. These factors caused Paul to write his most systematic explanation of the gospel.
- What does the word justified mean? Why is that an important word for us to understand?
- In Romans 4, we are introduced to Abraham. Was Abraham saved by his actions or by justification through faith? Explain your answer.
- According to Romans 5-6, how has sin affected all of mankind? Should a person keep on sinning so that grace can continue? Explain your answer.
- According to Romans 9-10, does God have a plan for Israel? What is your understanding of that plan?
- According to Romans 12-16, how does service and love work together to fulfill the greatest command to love God and love man?