Passage: Galatians 2:15-21
Have you thought you were following the Gospel, living for Jesus, trying to obey him but as the days and weeks went by you found yourself becoming an accidental Pharisee? Have you come to a place where no longer the grace of God was your concern but now you’re only focused on how your actions made you more righteous, that if you don’t do this God won’t love you or bless you?
- Is your faith more a “rules kind of faith” or a relationship kind of faith? Explain.
- This word “justified” is crucial to the Christian, it means declared righteous. We are saved from the penalty of sin. We had a debt we could not pay, but on the cross Christ paid it in full. Describe the debt Christ payed in your own life?
- Why would we add to grace?
- How do we live out this new identity of “not I, but Christ in me?
- What does it mean for you to cling to Christ?