Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
The gospel is the message that because you and I are condemned in our sin, Christ came to earth to do for us what we could not do for ourselves: he lived a perfect life and died in our place so we could be forgiven. He lived the life we could not live and then died the death we were condemned to die. The key word in the gospel is “substitution.”
- What is your definition of the gospel? Is your definition biblical? How would you know?
- It doesn’t matter what good we do in the world if we don’t preach the gospel. Do you believe that statement? Why or why not?
- How is the gospel the power that drives all of our faith?
- A church without the gospel at the center is a church without power. Is the gospel at the center of what we believe as a church? Explain your answer.
- “Preach the gospel, die and be forgotten.” Are you willing to do that? Explain.