Passage: Psalms 32:1-11
Many people are overshadowed by a lurking sense of judgment… sometimes it is regret over a specific action; sometimes, people just can’t quite put their finger on it; it’s just this feeling that “I’m not good enough,” and “If people know the real me, they will reject me.” That’s our question: Is something wrong with me? And, if so, is that what keeps me from being happy?
- What does happiness mean to you? Why is defining happiness important?
- Have you asked these questions… Is something wrong with me? And, if so, is that what keeps me from being happy? Explain your answer.
- What does it mean for you to be honest about your sin? What does it mean to own your sin?
- God’s forgiveness begins where blame-shifting ends. Explain that statement.
- When your heart attitude toward the sin itself hasn’t changed, then you haven’t really confessed. Explain that statement.