Passage: James 1:13-16
There is a difference between being tempted and letting that temptation fully germinate into sin. The temptation is real. 70% of advertising involves sexually in some way. The fastest growing issue in the church is the secret sin of pornography. It is not a respecter of persons and touches people from every walk of life. It is an issue that is growing among women as well as men. It is not a gender issue.
- In your own words, define lust.
- Read Matthew 5: 27-30. How would you apply Jesus’ teaching in this passage?
- Read James 1:13-16. Does God tempt us? Explain your answer from this passage.
- There is an old Chinese proverb that goes like this… He who does not want to fall down should not walk in slippery places. What are some of the slippery places you have or are walking in?
- There is a difference between a symptom and a sickness. Lust is just a symptom of a deeper sickness. In your world, what is the deeper sickness?