Passage: Acts 22:21-23:11
Nobody in the room today is immune to a crisis. I would imagine you guys are a lot like me...when you face a crisis you don't want to react to the crisis the way I reacted when that go-cart throttle got stuck. When a crisis hits you'd rather look back on that crisis knowing you remained calm and handled the situation well rather than freaking out and being ashamed when you look back on it.
- How have you reacted to a crisis in the past? Have you panicked or did you remain calm? Why is it hard to be calm when a crisis occurs?
- A lot of people are under the impression that Christians never have trouble. Why is it important to turn to the Lord when trouble shows up?
- When trouble comes into our lives, a lot of time we assume God is punishing us? Does God use trouble to punish us? Explain your answer.
- How does reminding ourselves of God’s promises help us as we face hard times?
- God’s word is not just about information. God’s words is about you and I developing an abiding relationship with Christ. List some verses where God tells you to fear not or where God promises to never leave you or forsake you. Why do we need to remind ourselves of God’s promises?