Passage: Luke 5:17-26
Desperation will drive you to do some radical things--things you might never dream of doing otherwise.
- Read Luke 5:17-26. What is the point of this story in your words?
- What do you think the greatest need of your life is? Here’s my question: What if your greatest need is different than your most pressing desire? What if the greatest, most pressing need of your life is for forgiveness?
- According to Luke, Jesus did this miracle not so much because of the lame man’s faith, but because of the faith of his friends. On behalf of their faith--their desperate faith--Jesus healed him. Well, why didn’t this man ask for it himself? How did Jesus use his friend’s faith?
- Here is something to consider: When the paralyzed man could do little for himself, it was the active faith of his friends that made the difference. React to that statement.
- A question from the application of the sermon...What paralyzed person around you has God put in your heart to pray for? A friend? A prodigal child? A parent? A whole people group?