Passage: Luke 12:35-48
In Luke 12, Jesus tells his disciples to press fast forward for a moment and think about their present lives from the vantage point of the end. Write this down: It is only by thinking clearly about the future will you live wisely in the present.
- Do you live ready? Are you living with the future in mind? Explain.
- Author and Preacher John Piper says, you only have 3 options: GO, SEND, OR DISOBEY. Is that how you live your life? Why or why not?
- When you are sure Jesus is coming back, you look at everything differently. How does Jesus coming back make you live your life differently?
- C.S. Lewis famously said, “Wealth has a way of knitting a man’s heart to this world.” We forget that God gave us what he gave us for eternal investment, not temporary pleasure. How do you view your possessions?
- How are you ‘girding your loins’ and serving others just as he served us!