Passage: Luke 7:36-50
Grace confuses and offends religious people because people who’ve worked hard and kept the rules don’t like it when others who haven’t worked as hard and broken some of the rules get the same reward they do.
- Is grace an easy or a hard concept for you? Explain.
- The scandal of the gospel is not that Jesus loves bad people, too; it’s that he only loves bad people because that’s the only kind of people there are. How do you feel about that statement? How do you react to it?
- When was the last time you wept over your sin and salvation?
- You are not your divorce, you are not your rape, you are not your abuse, you are not your pride, you are not your addiction, you are not your pain, you are not your sin, you are not your past, you are not your future, you are not your stupidity, you are not your bad choices. You are God’s child. That’s who you are. React to that statement.
- You never grow in the Christian life by resolving to do better. You don’t grow just by doing a study. You grow by going deeper into the wonder of your salvation. Growing in the gospel is like drinking from a well; the best water is not found by widening the circumference of the well, but by drilling down deeper into the well. Do you believe that? Explain.