Passage: Galatians 5:16-26
We love seeing something or someone that’s been completely discarded by the world and seeing it transformed into something magnificent. We love them because they reflect something we know to be true—or at least what we really want to be true – that God can take US, in our mess and sin and suffering, and make us into something astounding and beautiful. He can take something that’s failing and make it produce fruit.
- An unfruitful Christian is a contradiction. In what ways are you bearing spiritual fruit in your life?
- You are a “new creation” in Christ. I want you to plant the roots of your faith in the soil of the gospel and the Spirit will begin to bear fruit in and through you. In your words, how do you do that?
- "Freedom comes in knowing that everything necessary for you to be saved and everything necessary for God to be pleased with you has already been accomplished by Jesus. It’s already been DONE.” What does that statement mean to you?
- There’s a tug of war going on in your soul with your desires. You know what I’m talking about, right? COMPETING DESIRES! You want to want God...but you just don’t WANT God. What does that wrestling match look like in your own life?
- You have two options when it comes to your flesh: Gratify or Crucify. Are you gratifying your flesh or crucifying your flesh? Explain your answer.