Passage: 2 John 1:1-13
Mom’s have this awesome privilege and responsibility given you by God, to raise your children in the Lord, and 2 John gives some wonderful instruction in this regard. John concentrates on the twin themes of truth and love in this letter. There were false teachers in his time traveling from town to town and leading people astray.
- If someone asked you if you knew the truth of the gospel, how would you respond?
- Truth for the Christian is more than just a set of teachings…it is a relationship with Jesus himself. Is your relationship with the Lord growing? What does it mean to have a growing relationship with the Lord?
- How do you practice the truth? You cannot separate love and obedience. How do you show your love for God and others by practicing obedience?
- What does it mean to guard the truth? What does it mean to protect yourself from ungodly influences?
- How do you make a difference in those that are younger than you? What are you doing to bless the generations following you?