Psalm 127 is a wisdom Psalm and presents two wise truths that are unified in their relationship (Hebrew poetry rhymes with contrasting or parallel thoughts). So, this Hebrew poetry is a beautifully poetic presentation of truth for us who are raising kids.
- What does it mean when the psalmist says, unless the Lord builds the house? What does it mean for the Lord to build the house?
- Children grow in the twin gardens of church and the home. How are those gardens for you? Does either garden need weeding?
- What is the mission we should prepare our children for? What is the mission most parents prepare their children for? How is the Lord’s mission different?
- If children are an arrow, what is the purpose of an arrow?
- How does service in the Kingdom help prepare children to embrace life?