Passage: Proverbs 1:7-9
There are at least six things he tells us in Proverbs 1:7-9. They all relate to God. They are not merely the kind of wisdom you might pick up in reading "mindworks" or Parents magazine or Ann Landers. They overlap with the wisdom of the world. But the absence of God in the world's family-advice is ultimately a fatal flaw. Solomon means for us to hear his counsel as all related to God.
- What are the greatest pieces of wisdom that was given to you by your mother?
- What is God’s original plan for marriage? In your opinion, why is marriage considered to be so “disposable” in today’s culture?
- What does the fear of the Lord mean in scripture? What does the fear of the Lord mean to you?
- What are the biblical responsibilities of mothers and fathers? What are the biblical responsibilities of children?
- Explain Ephesians 6:2. What does it mean to honor your father and mother?