Passage: 1 Samuel
How tragic to spend a lifetime faithfully serving one allegiance only to become a traitor to it in the end. Today in 1 Samuel 25 you’re going to see David come this close to doing just that--to selling out the values he has championed up to this point.
- Describe a time that someone made you mad enough to forget how God would have you respond?
- “Who is David?” is a phrase that triggered David and in his anger nearly sinned. What phrase or words trigger you?
- Discerning friends can help save us from ourselves when we are about to act a fool. Who are your discerning friends? How have they helped you?
- We need the body of Christ. Everyone needs an Abigail. Who are the Abigail’s in your life?
- How have you tried to change without the power of God in your life? How did that go for you?