Passage: 2 Samuel
Today, we’re going to cover the first 5 chapters of 2 Samuel (which sounds like a lot, but it’s not). These chapters basically serve as a review of David’s life, highlighting what made David special in biblical history (this is like your season 1 recap) --and we’re going to consider 2 questions… What made David a man after God’s own heart? and Why is David not the King we are looking for?
- If you were in David’s shoes, how would you have responded when told that Saul was dead? How is your response the same or different than what David did?
- How have you tried to “take matters into your own hands” instead of waiting on God to act? How is your response different than David’s response?
- Why is having an instinct for mercy so important for believers to develop?
- How are you devoted to God’s glory? How was David devoted to God’s glory?
- In what areas of your life has your character been compromised?