Passage: 1 Samuel
1 Samuel 18 is one of the greatest friendship stories of all time--it shows us not only WHY friendships are important but HOW to go about developing them. And it weaves these beautiful lessons along the thread-line of the main point of these David stories: how God used David to prepare Israel for the Messiah.
- Why does Saul want to kill David? What did the women mean when they said, Saul has killed his thousands and David his 10,000s?
- What do you think of David and Jonathan’s friendship? What made it so meaningful?
- We all have to surrender to a King. How have you surrendered your life to Jesus? What is different today than in the past?
- How has friendship shaped you in both good and hard ways?
- How can your woundedness from a past friendship make you a bad friend to others? How do healthy relationships begin with Jesus?