Passage: 1 Samuel
David’s story occurs at a time when Israel has begun to demand a King. Up until this point, you see, God had been their King, but Israel now wants a King like the other nations--a king who will give them a sense of national pride, a king who (they believe) will guarantee them prosperity and security. And that’s where David’s story connects to yours. Because, you see, we’re also searching for those 3 things: Identity, Security, Happiness.
- In your opinion, what is it that makes a person either happy or significant?
- It was stated that we are searching for three things… Identity, Security, Happiness. Where have you found your identity? Where do you find your security? Where do you find your happiness?
- Are any of the places that you are seeking those three things empty wells? Explain.
- Explain what it means to you to have an identity that is based in Christ.
- What are you seeking, and how are you seeking it? Are you seeking to establish your identity through the accomplishments of pride, or through the humility of faith? Explain.