Passage: Romans 8:18-30
Today, I want to talk about what Romans 8:28 really means. I want to give you 3 myths Christians believe about suffering that this passage corrects…
- 1. What do you believe about suffering? Do you believe you will suffer in this life? Are you suffering well?
- The comedian and atheist Ricky Gervais made this statement when asked if he prayed: Why would I ask God to help me find my keys if he stood and did nothing during the Holocaust?” How would you respond to someone who said something like that? What does that statement say about God and suffering?
- Paul assumes suffering is a part of everyday life? Do you? Explain your answer.
- Is suffering always the result of sin? Explain your answer.
- Does the Bible say that everything works out good in your life? Explain your answer.