Passage: Romans 9:1-11:36
The Sovereignty of God means there are no limits to God’s rule. This is part of what it means to be God. He is sovereign over the whole world, and everything that happens in it. He is never helpless, never frustrated, never at a loss. And in Christ, God’s awesome, sovereign providence is the place we feel most reverent, most secure, most free.
- What does God’s sovereignty mean to you? Why is that such a hard idea for us to grasp?
- The rules of the law were never able to fix the issue of the sinful heart. Have you tried to fix a broken heart through keeping the rules? Explain.
- Have you ever been a performance junkie? What does it mean to “perform” in order to be right with God? Is that even possible? Explain.
- Has God ever taken a hurt or hardship in your life and used it for not only his glory but to bless you? Explain your answer.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
What does that scripture mean to you?