Passage: Romans 8:12-17
Is Romans 8 about the Spirit, or is it about assurance? Well, you’ll get closest to the truth when you put the two together: Assurance in the Christian life comes from intimacy with the Spirit.
- How do you know the Spirit of God is inside of you, testifying to you? What does that feel like?
- Do you believe that sin is a predator? Is Satan and sin after you? Explain.
- Led by God where? Is he talking about people who get messages from the Spirit spelled out in their Cheerios and Alphabet Soup each day?
- Are we truly looking for assurance from God? Is that what we really are looking forward to?
- If following Jesus leads you only to suffering in this life, is he worth it? Explain.