Passage: Romans 12:1-2
The “therefore” of vs. 1 is the hinge of the whole book of Romans. In the first 11 chapters, Paul tells you what the gospel is; in the last 5 chapters unpack what you should be because of it. These two sections are joined by a single word: therefore.
- How have you tried to “fix” your heart?
- What does the word “transformed” mean to you?
- The problem with a “living sacrifice” is it keeps wanting to get up off the altar! How have you climbed off the altar in your life?
- Can you say that all that you are, all that you have--your talents, your possessions, your future--it is all on the altar to God? Explain.
- Is your life a living sacrifice? Is he the thing you worship? Explain.