Passage: Romans 1:16-17
In Romans, Paul works through the most important and most pressing questions ever considered by the human race with meticulous logic—showing us that the gospel is the only answer to our questions and the only real solution to our problems.
- What is the gospel and what does the gospel mean to you personally?
- The gospel doesn’t give you instructions on how to change: it is itself the power to change. The gospel you see, is like a well. You get the best water not by widening the circumference of the well, but by doing deeper into it. How has the power of the gospel changed you personally?
- Jesus said that this gospel was so powerful that not even the gates of hell would be able to resist its advance—either in your heart or in the world. How have you seen the power of the gospel work in not only your life but in the people around you?
- What does Paul mean by “the righteousness of God?”
- What are you doing to grow deeper and grow wider through the power of the gospel?