Passage: Romans 8:31-39
Because Christ paid the highest price to initiate it (the blood of his son) and supplied the greatest power to accomplish it (the power of the resurrection in his indwelling Holy Spirit) and swore by his sovereign purpose to finish it, we can be sure that he is working all things together for good in fulfillment of it.
- How do you feel when opposition stands in your way? How has God shown he is near to you?
- God is like a compassionate Shepherd, a tender Father, and an all-powerful King all wrapped up into one. So what are you afraid of?
- How do you react to the thought that the one who is going to judge you is the one who has died in your place?
- How do you react to the thought that nothing can separate you from the love of God?
- All those things that oppose you: persecution and famine and sword, earthly and demonic powers--those just affect your situation. They can’t touch your identity. ● What is there to be afraid of? What is there to fear or dread or worry about?